The Shropshire Seaweed Company Coir Peat growing media is derived from natural coconut waste material and is a fantastic peat alternative. Perfect for seed sowing, our media allows excellent germination and encourages a sturdy root system. The open structure of coir allows seedlings to be pricked out without root damage.
Coir Peat helps to tackle the devastating impact of peat farming on the environment by utilizing a natural waste product instead. It's also the perfect vehicle for our Organic Fertilizer. Win win
In a nutshell
- 100% biodegradable and sustainable
- Neutral pH value
- Suitable for vegan growers
- Good aeration and water drainage
- Free from soil borne pathogens and weeds
- The Shropshire Seaweed Company Coir Peat is a perfect growing media for nurseries, gardens, greenhouses and houseplants.
- Soak each Coir Peat block in 3L of water.
- Allow the dry Coir Peat to absorb the water and expand (15-20 mins).
- Stir and fluff the Coir Peat (add more water if it looks dry).
- That's it! Your growing media is ready.
Add 15ml of The Shropshire Seaweed Company Organic Fertilizer to your 3l of water to give you all the growing nutrients you need.